child support law
You are here: Services  »  Child & Spousal Support Orders & Modifications Sunday, September 05, 2010


Child & Spousal Support Orders & Modifications

With a vast knowledge of child custody laws, and child support and spousal support laws, those at Nachshin & Langlois LLP deal regularly with all aspects of child custody and child and spousal support modifications. A “modification” of a Court’s orders concerning child and spousal support is not uncommon. Such cases are heard before the Courts regularly. A change in custody or support arrangements involves those modifications germane to existing child custody and visitation orders.  Regardless of the language set forth in a Judgment or Court Order, most issued orders can be modified depending on a change in events or a change of an individual’s circumstances. 

In addition to handling all modification orders, the expert team of California lawyers at Nachshin & Langlois also routinely handles child custody evaluations dealing with Court appointed special masters and other Court professionals who have been designated to assist with modification disputes and issues.

Child Custody & Child Visitation

Before a parent can address the issues of custody and visitation of their minor children, or child and/or spousal support (formerly called “alimony”), there must be an action filed in the Court (such as a dissolution, legal separation or nullity of petition for married persons) and/or an action filed relative to parentage, custody and support of minor child(ren).

If the parents are not married, the mother or the father is free to file an action to establish the parental relationship. He or she may also file a petition for custody and support of minor children. There are four common child custody arrangements agreed to by parents or ruled on by the Courts: sole custody, physical custody; joint custody and co-custody.

Once a formal action has been filed, the Court is in a position to address the issues of child custody, visitation and support should the parties be unable to agree on these matters. There is no legal obligation to pay child support by one party to the other until a Court order has been established. A Court order is obtained by requesting a hearing or by filing an Order stipulating what the parties have agreed to.



Please contact me immediately

 I wish to be contacted about my current spousal/child custody situation


11601 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1500 - Los Angeles - California - 90025 - (310) 478-6868

   Terms Of Use   ::   Privacy Statement  ::   © Copyright 2009 by Law Offices of Nachshin & Langlois   ::   Login